BASKING RIDGE, NJ, JANUARY 21, 2021 — FLX Distribution, the first technology platform bringing together asset managers, distribution professionals, wealth managers, and advisors, today announced the hiring of five experienced professionals to meet strong demand for its breakthrough investment management distribution model. The appointments are effective immediately.
“FLX is seeing tremendous demand from asset managers of all sizes and strategies for our cost-effective, flexible distribution solutions and we are pacing that demand by growing the FLX team,” said Brian Moran, FLX Founder and Chief Executive Officer.
Launched in December 2019, FLX has achieved fast growth and adoption in the asset management, distribution, and financial intermediary sectors. FLX recently received the Money Management Institute/Barron’s 2020 Disruption Award for its technology that “will fundamentally alter the future delivery of advisory solutions.”
The five new hires for new full-time positions at FLX are:
- Matthew Novello is Director and Head of FLX Media. Matt has more than 20 years of experience in the film and television industries. His experiences in narrative and broadcast television, documentary & lifestyle storytelling, direct-to-brand content, and ultra-high-speed cinematography will help transform content for asset managers and the finance industry. He has worked for numerous media and production companies across key outlets. Matt earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the University of New Hampshire’s Whittemore School of Business & Economics. He is based in New Jersey.
- Andrew Berger is a Portfolio Research Director at FLX Distribution. Andrew has more than 20 years’ experience in the investment management industry with AllianceBernstein, Prudential Investments, and most recently as Director of Strategic Accounts at Foresters Financial. His product experience covers traditional as well as alternative mutual funds, separate accounts, DCIO, and model distribution with coverage spanning the independent broker dealer, wire house, bank, and regional broker dealer channels. Andrew attended Syracuse University. He is based in the New York metro area.
- Cassandra Christopher is a Portfolio Consulting Director at FLX Distribution. Cassandra brings more than 25 years of experience in the asset management industry. Her prior role was with Carillon Tower Advisers (subsidiary of Raymond James) where as Senior Vice President and Divisional Sales Manager she led the firm’s Western Division team, representing separate accounts and mutual funds across all channels. Prior to that she held various sales leadership roles representing Carillon’s lineup of boutique asset managers. She is based in Florida.
- Steve Schwanekamp is a Portfolio Consulting Director at FLX Distribution. He has more than 25 years of experience in the asset management industry, most recently at Blackrock where he served at a Vice President, Market Leader, in Ohio and Kentucky. Prior to joining BlackRock, Steve worked for Merrill Lynch Investment Managers, as Vice President, Asset Management Advisor. Steve holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Xavier University and earned his Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA) designation from the University of Pennsylvania. He is based in Ohio.
- Richard Wriedt is a Portfolio Consulting Director at FLX Distribution. He brings more than 30 years of experience in the asset management industry most recently as a Senior Advisor Consultant with Franklin Templeton Investments covering financial advisors in the New York/New Jersey area. He began his career as a financial advisor at EF Hutton & Co. Inc. Rich holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Management and a Master of Business Administration in Finance from St. John’s University. He is based in the New York metro area.
About FLX Distribution
Launched in December 2019, FLX Distribution is a financial technology company focused on asset management distribution. Our vision is to be the premier, cost effective, and flexible distribution solution for asset managers to effectively access and engage with experienced and proven distribution professionals.
The FLX Distribution technology platform simultaneously empowers asset managers and distribution professionals to drive results and retain optionality. Powered by a combination of proprietary tech developments and a stack of leading software providers, we have created a seamless exchange for sharing information and intellectual capital.
The FLX platform allows asset managers to create and track objectives, while distribution professionals gain access to the information and insights that drive advisor engagement. We are focused on understanding an asset manager’s existing business plans, current distribution capabilities, historical intermediary experience, investment capabilities, and sales and marketing goals to deliver a comprehensive distribution solution.
# # #