FLX Distribution is a FinTech Company operating within Asset Management Distribution. FLX Distribution’s innovative approach provides asset managers a cost-effective model to deliver their investment capabilities, while also providing distribution professionals a path to independence and financial freedom.
FLX Distribution is seeking someone to lead its legal and compliance functions supporting its platform and in partnership with its regulatory compliance partner ALPS Distributors, Inc. (ADI). This is a great opportunity for leading cross business solutions in functionality in a fast growing start up environment.
- Provide day-to-day advice and counsel to colleagues on matters relating to the firm’s legal and compliance obligations
- Identify potential areas of compliance risk and vulnerability, and help develop additional policies and procedures to help minimize that risk
- Be the lead voice on the firm’s Executive team on legal issues and risks, business strategies, potential deal structures, approval processes, intellectual property and other potential issues or opportunities
- In partnership with ALPS, develop and implement compliance policies and procedures
- Oversee firm’s document management, processing and recordkeeping, including: NDAs, Asset Manager Agreements and Engagement Letters, Individual Member Agreements and Statements of Work, Release Letters, entity organizational documents, etc.
- Coordinate with external counsel as needed
- Proactively identify, manage and resolve compliance issues and determine the effectiveness of compliance controls
- Create and administer a risk based compliance testing program
- Monitor and interpret new regulatory requirements and related policies and procedures. Map compliance procedures to current regulatory and prospectus requirements
- Develop and support corporate governance and compliance initiatives
- 10+ years of experience supporting the compliance/risk programs for investment management and/or investment management distribution companies and/or broker-dealers Including –
- Working with SEC, FINRA, CFTC and other securities agencies
- Writing and implementing policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of the Investment Company Act of 1940, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and related regulations
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to manage documents from multiple sources, multi-task and prioritize
- Sharp intellect, ability to understand difficult, complex compliance and business issues; creative problem-solving skills a must
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively
- Must work well independently, be self-motivated – follow-up and follow-through skills essential
- Ability to remain focused and flexible to address changes in work requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications
- BS or BA and JD required